Winter Packing List
Snow Pants and Jackets
- You will probably do most of your activities in snow pants and jackets, including horseback riding.
Wool Layers and Socks
- Multiple layers are your best bet for staying warm. A wool-base layer with fleece, flannel or down as a secondary layer should guarantee you a toasty, warm vacation! We recommend SmartWool products.
Snow Gloves or Mittens with a Waterproof Outer Shell
- Fleece is only comfortable when it’s dry, so fleece gloves are not a good option for snow play.
- If you prefer something thinner to ride in, we recommend Burton glove liners, which provide some thickness and warmth without the bulk of a ski or snowboard glove.
Snow Boots(Insulated Boots Recommended)
- You’ll be doing just about everything in snow boots. We recommend Sorel or North Face boots. (Please note: UGG boots are very fashionable, and most people love that they have a wonderful shearling lining, but their soles are slick and provide limited traction, thus making them impractical for walking around the resort. In addition, UGG boots are not waterproof.)
- You’ll use these for a myriad of ranch activities, including for tubing and sledding, dog sledding, snowmobiling, etc.
Warm Hats, Scarves, Headbands and Balaclava
- Make sure your hat covers your ears!
Paws Up Provides:
- Ice skates and hockey skates (and hockey sticks!)
- Non-insulated slickers for riding (such as windbreakers)
- Hand and toe warmers