GET OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INTO THE “BIG SKY” – UNIQUE MEETING OPTIONS AT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP, MONTANA
GREENOUGH, Montana – Corporate and incentive meeting planners looking to break the meetings mold with a venue full of personality and adventure have a perfect option in The Resort at Paws Up, a luxury ranch resort just west of Missoula, Montana. With a variety of unique venues for every size group – from corporate meetings and events to executive retreats and sales incentive programs – Paws Up combines breathtaking “Big Sky” scenery with a bounty of indoor and outdoor activities and five-star amenities that make an incomparable menu of meeting options.
Set on 37,000 acres of Montana wilderness, The Resort at Paws Up offers several unique venue options, ranging from the rustic to refined, for memorable events and groups of all sizes:
The Saddle Club at Paws Up: The ranch resort is home to one of Montana’s premier equestrian centers, and the largest privately owned in the state. The Saddle Club’s 76,000 square-foot facility features a variety of meeting space with flexibility for all seasons, inside and out. Highlights include:
- VIP “Sky Box” suite overlooking the Saddle Club’s riding arena, complete with a bar, private restroom and catering facilities
- The Tack Room and Tack Room Foyer holds up to 90 people for a seated dinner and has a sophisticated barn paneled feel with walls lined in saddles
- A 35,000 square-foot state-of-the-art indoor arena is an ideal space for trade shows, rodeos, equestrian exhibitions, and team building exercises (or as Paws Up likes to refer to as horsemanship skill building)
Meeting Space: When it is time to get down to business on property, Paws Up offers the following unique venues:
- 10-seat round tower board room with expansive “Big Sky” views
- The Lewis & Clark reception barn 300-seat auditorium, previously one of Montana’s top cattle sales arenas, has been remodeled for corporate meetings, product launches and entertainment
- The Bunkhouse executive conference room holds up to 24 people complete with pine-paneled walls and loft pine ceilings, including a private hospitality area
- COMING SOON: Paws Up will be converting the on-site authentic Bull Barn into an impressive meeting and event center with 5,000 sq. ft. on two floors set to open late 2011/early 2012
Gourmet Group Dining, Montana style:
- Paws Up’s fine dining restaurant, Pomp accommodates up to 85 people and the Pomp Deck is a gorgeous location overlooking the Montana wilderness and perfect for a night cap or cigar to end out the day
- Built like the interior of an outfitting tent, the Trough, Paws Up’s casual restaurant features canvas lined walls and accommodates up to 65 people
- As the Last Best Meeting Place and a "stress-free" Montana retreat, the Tank Bar & Lounge holds refuge (and beverages) for groups
- Venture outdoors for an authentic Chuck Wagon dinner along the banks of the Blackfoot River, which offers a scenic fine dining scene
- Additional custom outdoor dining experiences are available in locations along the mighty Blackfoot
Luxury Accommodations: Built uniquely for any size group and configuration, the luxury accommodations at Paws Up provide groups with multiple options:
- Paws Up has accommodations for a total maximum of 215 guests in 28 wellappointed vacation homes, ranging from two-bedroom Meadow Homes to threebedroom suite Wilderness Estates, or the charming, private four-bedroom Morris Farmhouse, and 24 tented accommodations (seasonally)
- Amenities within the homes include flat screen TVs, wireless Internet access, 300-count linens, laundry rooms, kitchens, and a décor that’s rich in rustic elegance. Wilderness Estate homes (10) have master suite lock-offs and private entrances
- During the warmer months, true outdoor enthusiasts can also spend a night in Paws Up’s luxury tented accommodations featuring unique luxury tents with feather beds, fine linens, artwork and all modern conveniences, including a Camping Butler to attend to all of their needs. Each camp is best suited for groups of eight to 10
Paws Up offers a full menu of teambuilding activities, tournaments and thrilling outdoor adventures like fly-fishing, horseback riding, ATV tours, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking and wildlife watching. Paws Up offers one of America’s few resort-based sporting clay courses, which was designed by 14-time national and international champion Andy Duffy. Leave the golf clubs behind and try a clay-shooting tournament instead.
For the “soft” adventurers, Paws Up also offers spa treatments, en-tent at Spa Town or en-suite during the winter months.
The Resort at Paws Up is located 35 miles east of Missoula in western Montana. Travelers can access Missoula (MSO) via direct flights from Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake City.