THE RESORT AT PAWS UP OPENING THE BULL BARN CONFERENCE CENTER – A NEW FUNCTION SPACE FIT FOR ALL SIZES: AND THAT’S NO BULL
Greenough, Montana – May 11, 2011 – The Resort at Paws Up, Montana’s premier luxury ranch resort located just outside of Missoula, is known for their superb and unique accommodations, amenities and outdoor adventures. Yet with the opening of their newest meetings facility set for this fall, it will soon be known as the premier events destination in Big Sky Country. Paws Up is converting their authentic Bull Barn cattle operation facility into an impressive conference center with over 5,000 square feet of function space on two floors, capable of accommodating groups up to 200 people. The Bull Barn Conference Center is set to open this fall 2011 season.
Paws Up is an ideal location for small groups and executive retreats, and now with the addition of the Bull Barn Conference Center, the resort can now cater to larger groups and events and weddings. The building, which was built in the mid-19th century and most recently used to house Paws Up’s prized Black Angus bulls during the height of their cattle ranching operation, is located in the center of The Village at Paws Up. With authentic barn elements preserved and featured throughout, the newest facility at the property will feature the following:
- The first level of the conference center will feature two meeting rooms, as well as a large exterior patio with a firepit. The larger meeting room will be 1,575 square feet and the smaller meeting room will be 625 square feet, ideal for a breakout meeting
- The second level of the conference center (once used for hay storage) will feature an expansive 3,500 square foot room, complete with soaring vaulted ceilings featuring the barn’s original wood siding
- State of the art sound system, lighting and audiovisual capabilities are also featured throughout the conference center (full equipped A/V services, wireless connectivity to high-speed wireless internet and connectivity to A/V equipment for presentations, and video conferencing); full service business center services
- Two unique silos on either side of the Bull Barn’s exterior will feature both interior and exterior stairwell access to the facility’s second level; elevator access
- Sliding barn doors will be used as access doors on both the exterior and interior spaces
Set on 37,000 acres of pristine, unspoiled wilderness just 35 miles outside of Missoula, Montana, The Resort at Paws Up currently offers several other unique venue options, ranging from the rustic to refined, for memorable events and groups of all sizes:
- The Saddle Club at Paws Up: The ranch resort is home to one of Montana’s premier equestrian centers, and the largest privately owned in the state. The Saddle Club’s 76,000 square-foot facility features a variety of meeting space with flexibility for all seasons, inside and out, highlights include:
– A 35,000 square-foot state-of-the-art indoor arena is an ideal space for trade shows, rodeos, equestrian exhibitions, and team building exercises (or as Paws Up likes to refer to as horsemanship skill building)
– VIP “Sky Box” suite overlooking the Saddle Club’s riding arena, complete with a bar, private restroom and catering facilities
– The Tack Room and Tack Room Foyer holds up to 90 people for a seated dinner and has a sophisticated barn paneled feel with walls lined in saddles
- A 10-seat round tower board room with expansive “Big Sky” views
- The Lewis & Clark Reception Barn Auditorium featuring a 300-seat theatre-style auditorium, previously one of Montana’s top cattle sales arenas, has been remodeled for corporate meetings, product launches and entertainment
- The Lewis & Clark Event Center featuring a 16,000 square foot exhibit hall, previously one of Montana’s top cattle sales venues, has been remodeled for exhibits, trade shows, and concerts
- The Bunkhouse executive conference room holds up to 30 people complete with pine-paneled walls and loft pine ceilings, including a hospitality area/bar
Built for a variety of group sizes, accommodations at Paws Up provide multiple options:
- Paws Up has accommodations for a total maximum of 215 guests in 28 well-appointed vacation homes and suites, ranging from one- and two-bedroom suites to three-bedroom suite Wilderness Estates, or the charming, private four-bedroom Morris Ranch House, as well as 24 one- and two-bedroom tented accommodations (tents open late May to late Sept)
- Amenities within the homes and suites include flat screen TVs, wireless Internet access, 300-count linens, laundry rooms, kitchens, and a décor that’s rich in rustic elegance. Wilderness Estate homes (10) have master suite lock-offs and private entrances
- During the warmer months, true outdoor enthusiasts can also spend a night in Paws Up’s luxury tented accommodations featuring unique luxury tents with feather beds, fine linens, artwork and all modern conveniences, including a Camping Butler to attend to all of their needs.
Paws Up offers a full menu of teambuilding activities, tournaments and thrilling outdoor adventures like fly-fishing, horseback riding, ATV tours, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking and wildlife watching. Paws Up offers one of America’s few resort-based sporting clay courses, which was designed by 14-time national and international champion Andy Duffy. Leave the golf clubs behind and try a clay-shooting tournament instead. For the “soft” adventurers, Paws Up also offers spa treatments, en-tent at Spa Town or en-suite during the winter months.
The Resort at Paws Up is located 35 miles east of Missoula in western Montana. Travelers can access Missoula (MSO) via direct flights from Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Salt Lake City.