To assist servers at all times in water and bread service, the clearing and resetting the tables in a timely manner and other duties as business needs dictate. Provide prompt, courteous and professional service to all resort guests and maintain cleanliness of restaurant and off site function areas.
- Stay on the floor as much as possible and let a server know when you have to leave the floor to ensure of proper service coverage.
- Assist in opening duties associated with opening the restaurant.
- Take instructions from designated server.
- Always work in a safe fashion.
- Prepare a set up workstation and all tables in a timely fashion.
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant and surrounding areas at all times.
- See to all guest needs in a timely fashion.
- Be professional at all times in your dealings with guests, co-workers, and management
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: 1 year or less of directly-related work experience
- Required to have a MT State recognized Alcohol Safe Sale and Service Certificate within 60 days of hire.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Physical stamina
- Interpersonal skills
- Clear knowledge of the English language
- Organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be teamwork oriented.
- Decision making
- Follows specific instructions and required to make few decisions.
- General public and resort guests
- Immediate supervisor
- All resort staff
- Assist with opening and closing duties for the restaurant using standard service practices.
- Help servers to provide service to guests.
- Maintain and clean the dining room.
- Polish and restock glasses and silverware as needed.
- Spot sweep / mop Pomp Restaurant and deck before and after shift.
- Serve ice water, hot bread & butter to all tables at the proper time.
- Assist waiter with clearing appetizer, salad and dinner plates and re-marking.
- Refill water and bread on tables as needed.
- Assist in providing coffee / tea service to tables as requested by the guests or servers.
- Clear dessert plates leaving only coffee cup, spoon and water glass on table.
- Reset table completely once guest leaves (only if table is needed again that night).
- Communicate with server to replace silverware that is cleared from guests.
- Set restaurant at end of shift for next meal period.
- Keep hot fresh bread stocked in bus station.
- Keep front bus station area clean and organized at all times.
- Keep fresh coffee available for all shifts, and decaf as needed.
- Separate and stack dishes in dirty dish area.
- Prep butter and condiments for shift.
- Keep ice stocked in all ice bins.
- Fold napkins before and after service.
- Polish and separate all silver.
- Sweep as needed and mop floor at end of shift.
- Remove full linen bags and bring downstairs to laundry room.
- Display teamwork and friendly helpful attitude.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Check Restrooms periodically and clean as needed.