To greet and seat guest in a courteous and professional manner and to assist managers in running the dining room smoothly.
- Greet guest in accordance with the time of day and by name if possible. Hang up jackets if necessary, seat guests and pull napkin rings.
- Act promptly to all guest and manager requests.
- Help prepare dining room for service.
- Answer and record telephone bookings and inquiries. Perform reservations for following night before you leave for the evening.
- Report table status to kitchen and F&B Manager.
- Wish guests well on leaving, call a ride for them if necessary, thank them and smile. Walk guests to door if possible.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of general work experience
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic arithmetic & basic computer skills
- Interpersonal – friendly.
- Clear knowledge of the English language.
- Organization skills.
- Decisions of a broad nature are made in accordance with general policy and procedures; more difficult decisions may require input from others.
- General public
- Immediate supervisor
- Managers in other departments
- Staff in own department
- Staff in other departments
- To be smartly dressed.
- To smile, greet and seat customers.
- To take guests coats and retrieve them upon their departure.
- To manage the door and table rotation.
- To thank and bid goodbye to customers.
- To be very knowledgeable of Restaurant facilities.
- To comply with all company directives.
- To follow instructions of Food and Beverage or any other departmental manager.