Manager of Guest Relations
Coordinate the guest relations with personal concierges and event planners to ensure as many details as possible are obtained in advance of a guest’s arrival on property (both independent travelers and groups).
Act as liaison between departments and guests for activities, spa and dining. Plan and execute special events and act as the primary point of contact for guests with schedule and itinerary questions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a team of concierges to gather pre-arrival information from all guests relative to activities, spa and dining reservations and options.
- Ensure all information is correctly entered into the property management system and specific guest profiles.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted on arrival and assisted with itinerary changes and additions.
- Assist with escorting guests to their homes or tents and settling them in.
- Provide a single point of contact for guests wishing to make changes and additions to activity, spa and dining reservations.
- Ensure that all guest itinerary information is accurately communicated to operations departments.
- Work with Lodging Manager to ensure guest transportation needs are met.
- Ensure amenities and personalized gifts are placed in guests’ homes and tents as approved and appropriate.
- Act as VIP coordinator, taking care of VIP guests requiring special assistance, security, anonymity etc.
- Communicate special requests, food allergy or dietary requirements in an accurate and timely fashion to departments.
- Lead event management team in the successful implementation of special events, weddings and groups.
- Ensure accurate Booking Event Orders (BEOs) and resumes are created for all groups and special events.
- Participate and often chair special event committees and play an active leadership role in coordinating these events with Sales and Marketing (S&M) and Operations.
- Work with reservations and S&M departments to reach out to repeat guests and foster loyalty. If and when implemented, manage the guest loyalty program.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a guest services related role in a luxury resort or hotel environment.
- Hospitality related degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Required Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of activities and special event planning and coordination.
- High level of detail orientation, urgency and accommodation.
- Able to lead a team of seasonal employees and encourage and inspire them to go the extra mile.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse and demanding clientele as well as across multiple operational departments.
- Outgoing, friendly and engaging personality that represents the Paws Up brand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate.
- Flexible and quick problem solver.