Group Sales Manager
Responsible for generating top line revenue through outside direct sales to the social, corporate and incentive group business by concentrating on cultivating lead sources, negotiating contracts and closing deals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group business -- including room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services for groups ranging in size of 10 people to 200 people.
- Accepts all requests for proposals and pursues all leads for group business -- including responding to inquiries and executing group contracts.
- Develops tactical sales plans to support overall Sales & Marketing plan.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with officials and representatives of national tourism agencies and companies, and attends relevant conventions to generate group business.
- Organizes and hosts Resort property tours for potential clients.
- Submits monthly progress reports, budget reports and group sales statistics.
- Develops and manages the Group Sales’ budget and monitors sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan. Must accurately report variances.
- Must add a number of planners to the Group Sales data base every quarter.
- Must leverage Sales & Marketing collateral tools and Resort press to build awareness and generate group leads.
- Must consistently submit material marketing concepts to Sales & Marketing on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for managing the Group section of the Resort website.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The following is listed as the minimum level required to be considered for the position.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of group sales experience in the luxury resort category.
- Must possess contacts (Rolodex and network) and knowledge of key clients in the five-star group business markets and have built relationships with these accounts and their travel management companies.
- Must have experience in generating sales leads, negotiations, RFP tendering and account management.
- Must also possess a demonstrable track record in business development, negotiations, RFP tendering and account management.
- Must perform well in a highly aggressive, fiercely competitive market Must be experienced in selling rooms at a high ADR.
- Must enjoy asking for business and closing sales.
- A track record in developing long-term business relationships is important.
- Must possess a sincere love of the hunt when it comes to sales.
- Significant travel (possibly exceeding 50% of the year) required.
- Candidate may office from home (ideally CA, NV, UT or AZ), the Resort in MT, or Resort marketing office in Las Vegas. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits will be part of the compensation package.
- The Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Will report directly to Director of Sales and Marketing