Equestrian Activities Supervisor
The Equestrian Activities Supervisor will support the operations of the Paws Up Ranch, The Resort at Paws Up and Paws Up Outfitters through the operation of the Saddle Club and equestrian services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise the saddle club operation and staff in the absence of the Director of Activities
- Development and management of the Saddle Club “Ranch” guest programs including cattle drives, team sorting etc.
- Ability to provide an authentic western riding experience to guests of all ages
- Repair and maintenance of tack and harness
- Development and management of guest lesson program
- Lead the operation of the Saddle club arena for guest use and events.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
- Guest trail rides, wagon and sleigh rides
- Assist and support the general saddle club and outfitting operation.
- Assist Outfitting operation
- Training and schooling of ranch horses to be guest-ready & training Owner’s horses to be acceptable for riding by Owner.
- Schooling of horses to maintain their level of guest serviceability
- Conditioning and handling of ranch stallions
- Assist in hay production and irrigation
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager
- Equine Management
- Personnel Management
Required Experience and Skills
- Extensive personnel management
- Proven horsemanship skills including driving, packing, and cattle
- Knowledge of tack repair and maintenance
- Experience in group riding programs